Monday, October 3, 2011

10 Things I Learned From 90's Music

1. I can wear a cardigan and still be considered one of the biggest rock stars of all time. (Kurt Cobain)

2. If I can get four to five attractive friends to band together to form a singing group that ends in "girls"/"boys", it doesn't matter if we can all sing, as long as one of us can. (Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls)

3. The key to success in pop music and sexual rebellion, lie within the Mickey Mouse Club. (Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Rhona Bennett of En Vogue, JC Chasez, and Justin Timberlake)

4. Auto-Tune released in 1997. Kanye West's career launches in 1997. Enough said.

5. Orange County was the place to be if you're punk/ska/reggae. (No Doubt, Save Ferris, Reel Big Fish, Offspring, Sublime (Long Beach close enough), Lit, and Sugar Ray)

6. I can make a music video where I do drugs, drink, fight, beat up a woman, and pick up a prostitute, as long as the video is in the point of view of another woman (Prodigy "Smack My Bitch Up")

7. I can wear all my clothes backwards and be cool (Kriss Kross)

8. To become the next big, country music star, I have to be an attractive blonde. (Faith Hill, Dixie Chicks, Lee Ann Womack, LeAnn Rhimes, Shania Twain-well really dark blonde)

9. I can still be the scariest, most gothic singer of my decade, even if people believe my real identity is an actor from an 1980's sitcom. (Marilyn Manson)

10. If I want to release my best selling, most critically acclaimed group of CD's, I must A) drop my sexy, pop image, B) appear on SNL in a skit with Michael Myers and/or Dana Carvey, C) have sex with a couple of celebrities and release the pictures in an X-rated book, D) tie up and chain women and sing about it, E) star in a movie about a sex craved woman. (Madonna)

No comments:

Post a Comment